14/02/2012

issues during making

The making of the snowshoes was a lot harder to do then I originally thought as I came upon a lot of problems and issues that I had to overcome.  
  • ·         At first before burning the holes in the tyre I tried putting the rivets straight into it but found  out that this wouldn't work as the rubber was just too thick, so instead I turned to burning the holes which took a great deal of time.
  • ·         As I was lacing up the tyre and pulling it in to make it slightly narrower, the tension that was being put on the rivets started to cause some of them to pop off.
  • ·         I also found that I could not pull in and narrow the tyre as much as I wanted, I think this was due to the fact that the leather laces weren't strong enough 

No comments:

Post a Comment