14/02/2012

How it was made 



The first thing I had to do was create holes all around the rim of the tyre in order to lattice the area inside the tyre up. This would create a support for the person who would wear them.
Once I created the holes around the tyre which I created by heating up a thick nail burnt through the tyre creating a hole.






 I thought it would be a good idea to put a rivet in each hole, which I thought would give it more of a  finish but more importantly I thought that it would be able to withhold the tension a lot more than if there were not rivets as I thought the rubber may tear under the tension.



I decided to use black leather boot laces to lace up the inside of the tyre this was because i thought they would be able to withhold the tension put on them as they are quite strong and would not give way.
As I was lacing up it up I attempted to pull the tyre in slightly as to create more of an oval shape rather than a circular as like original snow shoes past and present.






After I laced up the inside of the tyre and pulled it together I had to create some sort of fixation on which you could attach a boot. 
I decided to use elastic as the adjustable straps so that it would give more movement when you walk. As you can see I created three straps, one at the back which slips over the ankle of the wearer’s boot, another before the heel which fits around the middle and one which holds the boot in place at the front. The two straps at the front I made adjustable so the wearer could adjust them according to the size and the shape of the boot.


No comments:

Post a Comment